Teen driver's education course
AGE REQUIREMENT: 15-17 years of age
Only $280!!! No registration, certification, or notarization fees!!
- 32 hours of class instruction (2 hours per day for 16 days)
- Student is eligible for drivers permit upon passing their first exam (3rd day of instruction)
- Student will complete the DPS written exam on the last day of class instruction
- 7 hours behind-the-wheel driving time with instructor
- DPS Driving permit is required before student schedules driving time with instructor
- 7 hours of in car observation with instructor
- All required certificates are included (first copy).
What's the next step?
- The student makes an appointment to complete the driving exam at the DPS office.
- Make-Up classes
Material required by DPS for Drivers Permit:
- Birth Certificate - Original document or certified copy
- Social Security Card - Original document or certified copy
- DE-964 Certificate - Provided by Hernandez Driving School
- 2 Utility Bills - In the name of Parent/Guardian
- Parent/Guardian must be a legal US resident and provide valid Texas Driver License or Identification Card
Teen Driver's Ed Forms (Click to Open)
Pay for Teen Driver's Ed Course in Person at Hernandez Driving School
Cash, check*, and all major credit cards accepted**
Payment plans are available.
*$35 dollar fee for all returned checks
**$5 convenience fee per transaction